December 11, 2011

24 days of XMAS Challenge : Day 10


Hello, so i'm posting my day 10 late because I spent yesterday traveling to my parents house and was too tired to post my pictures last night. I was inspired by the variety of colors that the poinsettia flower comes in. I also just received my Layla Magneffect - velvet groove (#08) so i wanted to incorporate the color as well as take advantage of the magnetic pull you can get, which would cater to separating the petals. This was my first time using it so it wasn't as successful as i had hoped, but i think it still go the look across.




The base color is Butter london - all hail the queen, the dark purple flowers were done using Layla Magneffect - velvet groove (#08) The red is Revlon - revlon red (#680), the pink were done with O.P.I.- bubble bath, Nail Star - baby pink.
the green leaves were done using Nail Star - dark green glitter, and then for the center of the flowers i placed three gold rhinestone cabochons. Then Seche VITE - quick dry top coat.

More POINSETTIA nails can be seen HERE:
Thanx for stopping by :)



4 comments:

  1. the purple flowers are stunning, I love them :D nice work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! PS- I tagged you in the "Nail Polish Tag" in my latest blog post. :)

    http://quartkneeex3.blogspot.com/2011/12/nail-polish-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate any and all feedback, and will try and write back as soon as i can! if you have questions you can ask them here or send me a message! However please do not spam me!
If you would like me to visit your blog please email me and i will gladly check out your site.
Thanx for stopping by :)