November 30, 2011

rock candy

For todays design I was inspired by the diamond shape! i decided to use a clear base which i just got today, and rainbow colors for the stones. I chose to draw them in a loose and pop-art -like style to add to the playfulness of design and color palette.
I  thought the clear base would create a stronger contrast between design and nail, as if it were floating. I also added some differently colored rhinestones to fill in some of the negative space.
Polishes used include 10 professional nail lacquer - perfectly clear (#401)  for my base, and  a variety of Kiss - stripers  in yellow, red, soft purple, soft green, red wine, orange and blue  for the gem stones and Kiss - stripers in white and black to accentuate the facets in the stones  while also adding a "drawn" like effect. :)

6 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I love your blog and all your neat 3D nail art! Thanks for following me; I'm now following you and added you to my blogroll. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! They are so cute. I really how you painted the diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. courtney thank you, and yours too!

    kimberly - thanx! it was kind of difficult because my black started to get a little thick while i was painting them!

    whimsical glam - Thanx :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate any and all feedback, and will try and write back as soon as i can! if you have questions you can ask them here or send me a message! However please do not spam me!
If you would like me to visit your blog please email me and i will gladly check out your site.
Thanx for stopping by :)